5. Dance the night away: If a formal dance party is not your scene, then walk into a club for some crazy fun. Dance the night away with your beau as there’s nothing more fun and romantic.
1. Get out of the city: Make this holiday season memorable by stepping out of the noise and pollution from your city. You can either head to the nearest beach or hill station or could book yourselves in a retreat for a relaxing and romantic evening. Celebrate the evenings with order-in food and champagne!
7. Drive aimlessly: The city will be bustling with people and festive spirit. So, sit in your car and drive around the city to be part of the celebration. Drives are also a great way to bond with each other and it will make you feel part of the celebration.
6. Celebrate under the stars: Keep a BBQ party for two on your terrace and bring in the holiday cheer under the stars. Don’t forget to carry some portable music. And then end your meal with a long romantic kiss in the open. Can you think of anything more romantic?
9. Bubbly bath: When the dancing, delicious food and the wine has gone to your head, head back home or book into a hotel room and enjoy a long bubbly bath together. Dim the lights and just enjoy the silence and each others company.
by Smitten Kitten
If you’ve been married for a while, date nights might have taken a back stage in your life. Relive those moments when you both had just started dating. Make reservations before hand at your favourite restaurant to avoid long waiting hours this season; remember to wear your hottest outfit
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.
8. Watch the fireworks: Fireworks that go up when the clock strikes 12 can be fun to watch. Do your research beforehand to find out where the fireworks will be taking place and head to the location before time. Hold hands while watching the beautiful rockets light up in the sky.
3. Stay in: If you’ve just started dating and can’t get enough of each other, then stay in to spend some quality time with each other. You can have your own party for two by cooking his favourite meal and calling for his favourite wine. Get a little tipsy and watch the evening unfold.
4. Go on a food trail: If you and your partner are foodies, then plan an evening of eating at all your favourite eating joints. Forget fine dining options and stick to street food. Drive around the city on a food trail and get a glimpse of the festive decorations and beautiful lighting.
Read more in iDiva
2. Date night: If you’ve been married for a while, date nights might have taken a back stage in your life. Relive those moments when you both had just started dating. Make reservations before hand at your favourite restaurant to avoid long waiting hours this season; remember to wear your hottest outfit!
You may also like YNaija stories like:
Post From Ynaija