24. When he’s nice to your family. Yes, even your weird uncle who smokes weed and listens to the Allman Brothers in the family SUV.
Read more in Cosmopolitan
13. Tipping well. Also: Joking and generally being a good dude with waiters, doormen, anyone in the service/retail industry.
3. Five o’clock shadow. Personal preference, but the light scruff gets me every time.
23. Watching him be incredibly efficient at work. No matter what the job is, seeing someone at the top of their game is always a turn-on.
2. Being unaware of their own hotness. When a hot person is oblivious to how much they could get laid if they just tried a little harder, it’s an immediate panty-dropper. And guys aware of it are the worst.
10. Being able to cook at least one dish well. You don’t have to be ripping recipes from the Barefoot Contessa, but there’s nothing better than waking up to a simple but delish omelet. (Pro tip: Goat cheese improves everything.)
22. When he’s fresh out of the shower. Literally can’t.
26. SUITS. Also, TUXEDOS.
18. Being awesome with kids.
27. Giving a pregnant woman or a kid his seat on public transportation.
19. Having a dog. There’s something so grown-up and settled about it, like having plates and cups that match, which very much contrasts those dudes who live in their own filth and can barely care for a bong.
1. Rolled-up sleeves. Forearms, baby. Show ‘em.
17. Putting on or taking off a tie. There’s something really hot about this, even though I can’t really explain it.
12. Tattoos. Once again, personal preference, but I drool over full tat sleeves on a guy with nice biceps.
28. Oblivious guy-compliments. Not the ones that female would give you, which are more observant and detail-oriented, but those “You look nice in that dress with those things on it” types of comments are adorable.
6. Physical gentleness during sex. Knowing that a guy is holding back from being rough because you don’t want to at the moment is really hot.
14. That thing where they tell you that they want to have sex with you with their eyes. Okay, this is only with people you’re dating, and not some rando ogling on the street. But you know the look — usually it happens a few drinks into a date, during a lull in conversation.
16. Accents. That one’s almost unfair.
That hand-on-the-girl’s-back move they do when you’re walking sometimes. Pretty sure they’re not even consciously thinking about it, but it’s really sexy
30. Dark jeans that fit well. No whiskering, no distressed denim, unless you are a popular boy who took a time machine here from 2001.
by Anna Breslaw
15. Holding a kitten. Just carry one around with you, men.
21. Running. One time my sisters and I were driving and the entire Princeton men’s cross-country team jogged by. We slowed down and cruised them like the creepers we are. #4lyfe
8. Not (obviously, at least) noticing any women around us.During the first few dates, if you don’t even look away from me when that drunk girl in an American Apparel tube dress staggers by, my underwear will probably be on the floor later.
5. Ability to banter. There is nothing worse than being witty in the general direction of a human brick wall. This actually makes hot guys instantly less attractive.
11. Immediately loving your pet. Even if it’s a temperamental cat, the fact that he’s at least trying is adorable.
7. Having that boy smell that’s not necessarily sold in a bottle but is just light pheromones. Not cologne or anything intentional. Nothing worse than a strong cologne. Just normal just-washed clothing plus boy scent is pretty damn appealing.
31. Non-sneaker shoes. As in, classy dress shoes for grown men.
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.
29. Gingham shirts. Could just be me, but daaaaaaaaaaamn.
9. Saying my name out loud, when you least expect it. This has a very unexpected power!
25. Not answering texts when he’s with you, at least on the first few dates. Full attention = respect.
4. A nice low voice. Not like, Barry White or anything, but a rich baritone can make someone’s less attractive traits vanish in a second. I’ve developed crushes on just voices before.
20. That hand-on-the-girl’s-back move they do when you’re walking sometimes. Pretty sure they’re not even consciously thinking about it, but it’s really sexy.
You may also like YNaija stories like:
Post From Ynaija