Islamists from Nigeria’s Boko Haram killed at least three civilians over the weekend as they attacked six communities in the remote north of neighbouring Cameroun, a defence ministry source told AFP on Tuesday.
“Six attacks were carried out almost simultaneously on Sunday,” the source said on condition of anonymity, adding that at least three people were reported killed in the attacks.
Boko Haram’s five-year insurgency in Nigeria has left thousands dead, and the Islamists have occasionally carried out attacks over the border, including a raid earlier this year blamed on the group that saw 10 Chinese and 17 locals taken hostage. They were released in October.
Cameroun has reinforced its military presence in the region in a bid to stop an escalation in attacks by Boko Haram.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Post from PM News