The Presidential Victims Support Fund on Friday donated N40 million to the victims of the bomb attack that occurred on Wednesday in Kano.
The money was given to victims of the blast who are currently receiving treatment at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH) and Murtala Muhammad specialists Hospital,Kano.
The Executive Director of the Fund, Prof. Sunday Ochoche, announced the donation during a visit to the two hospitals.
Ochoche, who led the team, said they were in Kano to commiserate with the government, the victims and people of the state over the unfortunate incident.
“The fund gave N20 million to each of the two hospitals we visited, making it a total of N40 million.
“We are here to assist the victims and bring succour to the injured people,” he said.
He expressed hope that the money would be judiciously used for the treatment of the injured persons to ensure their speedy recovery.
According to him, the Fund would sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the hospitals involved on how the donation would be expended.
“The MoU will clearly state how the intervention should be distributed among the victims for their immediate medical needs and attention,” he said.
The executive director disclosed that before coming to Kano, the team had visited 14 hospitals in the North-East.
“We have so far given out N240 million for the affected victims, including the N40m million given to the Kano hospitals,” he said.
Responding, the Acting Chief Medical Director of AKTH, Dr Sani Mijinyawa, commended the Federal Government for the gesture and assured that the money would be used for the purpose it was given.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Post from PM News