by Oge Okonkwo
A fire broke out at the office of the governor of Ogun state in Oke Mosan and destroyed a section of the protocol office and parts of that of the head of service.
According to reports, the fire was triggered by a power surge and broke out at about 11.00 am on Monday.
The fire was eventually put off few minutes later after frantic efforts were made to put off the fire by State Fire Service and some operative of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC). and some of the civil servants who were in their offices when the fire broke out.
The Nation reports:
Items affected by the fire included some Computer sets, files, furnitures and window panes.
Governor Ibikunle Amosun who inspected the places torched by the fire expressed joy that no life was lost.
Amosun: “as you can see, there was no major loss, no life was lost and we had no human casualty, you too can go and see for yourself to confirm what happened there.”
Also speaking, the Head of Service, Mrs Modupe Adekunle said that the cause of fire is traceable to faulty electrical appliances.
She said: “It was a power surge from the air conditioner. It came suddenly. There were some Officers in that Office, so when they saw it, they tried all means to put off the fire.
“The only thing affected there was just some sets of computer. The cause of the fire might be from the Independent Power Supply or Public Power Supply since we do not have generator there, but we thanked God that the damage was very minimal.”
You may also like YNaija stories like:
Post From Ynaija