by Rachel Ogbu
6. Do join Nigerians all over the world celebrating Nigeria at 100, starting in January.
5. Plant a tree: We saw what happened in the Philippines lately, 2013 was filled with disasters like that thanks to climate change. Do take a step in the right direction come 2014 and save our planet one step at a time.
10. Stay home: The Economists believes that’s some of the world’s fastest-growing economies in 2014 will be in Africa. “…for the first time in living memory, inflation will drop below GDP growth in sub-Saharan Africa. A boost would see Nigeria overtake South Africa as the continent’s largest economy. ”
3. Learn new skills … and love doing it. Studies show being enthusiastic about attending conferences and workshops helps position you as the team player who loves his job.
4. Publish an e-book, thanks to Harry Porter, Twilight Saga and 50 Shades of Grey, writing and getting published does not mean getting a major book deal or signing to a huge publishing house anymore… get online and get your lines out.
9. Do stand out of the crowd and get noticed as its another year of The Future Awards and you should get nominated, we will be watching.
2014 is upon us and what a year it will be.
7. Forget June 12 for election violence or political issues and do think of 2014 June 12 as the day the World Cup begins in Brazil. Go Super Eagles!!
1. Do look out for the iPhone 6. The next big smartphone from Apple is bigger, better and faster but wouldn’t launch till late 2014.
We searched far and wide and came up with ten things you must do in 2014 especially if you are not yet 50. Remember, You Only Live Once (YOLO).
2. If you’ve not been big on the cinemas this year, your new year resolution must include watching more movies as cinema is a most do in 2014. The movie list is endless from The Legend of Hercules, I, Frankenstein, 300: Rise of An Empire to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Fast and the Furious 7, The Expendables 3, Annie, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 and more.
8. In fashion, ladies start your abdominal crunches now because you will be tempted to wear the crop top trending in 2014, don’t say we didn’t warn you. You can team up with full skirts in full length also trending too. Blue, red orange and pink will also be the hottest colours next year.
You may also like YNaija stories like:
Post From Ynaija