President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will on Thursday 30 October obtain the PDP nomination form for the 2015 Presidential elections.
Unilke General Muhammadu Buhari, one of the aspirants of the main opposition party, All Progressives Congress, President Jonathan does not need to seek a bank loan to pay for the N22 million form.
His campaign war chest was dripping with excess cash from 38 donors across the country as at Wednesday afternoon, such that he already had close to N100 million for the form, about five times what he needs.
The biggest donors were the PDP governors and the campaign group, Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, TAN. Both groups were said to have donated N22million each. From the President’s home state came a total of N12.05million. PDP stakeholders in Zaria, Yobe and Kaduna paid one million each. Fulani herdsmen, under the umbrella Miyetti Allah, contributed N5million, while from Ondo North Senatorial district, the home of the Chief of Staff, a total of N7.9million was thrown into the president’s campaign.
An appreciative President Jonathan thanked all his donors, those “Nigerians, members of the PDP, friends, associates, and all groups who in sincere appreciation of the achievements of the administration in the last four years, have been urging him to seek a second term in office”.
A statement by Dr. Reuben Abati said President Jonathan has been greatly encouraged by the overwhelming outpouring of goodwill and support, as well as the confidence of the generality of Nigerians in his ability to continue to transform the country for the good of all of its people.
Abati quoted President Jonathan assuring the donors that he will continue to do his utmost best at all times to fully justify the great confidence they have placed in his leadership.
The List of President Jonathan’s donors:
1. Mr. Kennedy Ikenna Odoeme – N5, 000
2. Mr Ezemagu Sunday Nnamdi – N10, 000
3. PDP Governors – N22 Million
4. Transformation Agenda of Nigeria (TAN) – N22m
5. Ogbia LGA Stakeholders, Bayelsa state – N5m
6. Otuoke Community Stakeholders – N2m
7. Brass LGA Stakeholders, Bayelsa state – N50, 000
8. Bayelsa State PDP Stakeholders- N5m
9. Northern Youths Forum – N2m
10. Central Market Traders Union, Kaduna State – N1m
11. PDP Stakeholders, Zaria LGA – N500, 000
12.PDP Stakeholders, Yobe State – N500, 000
13.PDP Stakeholders, Kaduna State- N2m
14. Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore – N5m
15. The Goodluck Support Group, Gombe State – N1m
16. Adamawa State PDP Stakeholders – N3m
17. Ebonyi State PDP Stakeholders- N2m
18.Kogi State PDP Stakeholders – N5m
19. Rivers State PDP Stakeholders – N5m
20. The 2015 Project – N1m
21.Team Goodluck, Ondo North Senatorial District – N5m
22.Middle Belt PDP Women Support Group for GEJ 2015 – N500, 000
23.King David Generation Foundation, Jos – N200, 000
24.Behwong Weneng Yere Duk, Jos – N200,000
25.Redemption 3 Youth Organization, Plateau State – N500, 000
26.Plateau State Indigenes Association, Abuja – N300,000
27.Gombe Youth United for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 2015 – N500, 000
28. Gombe Youth Vanguard for PDP- N500, 000
29. Yamahu/Deba Goodluck Support Group – N200, 000
30.Coalition of Gombe Support Groups for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan – N2m
31. Hinna Youth Coalition for Goodluck – N500, 000
32. Nigerian Women Pray for Jonathan – N1m
33. National Association of Widows – N100, 000
34. National Council of Women Societies – N500, 000
35. Female members of the PDP Board of Trustees – N500,000
36. Joint Association of Persons with Disabilities – N100,000
37. National Association of Market Women – N500, 000
38. Community Awareness and Development Network – N1 m
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Post from PM News