A man and a woman are said to have died of carbon monoxide poisoning after having sex in a car while the engine was running.
The couple, of Allenwood and Williamsport, were pronounced dead at 10.45 p.m. Friday, but police said they had died sometime earlier. But it is thought the pair may have driven into the garage the previous evening.
Police believe the couple had pulled over for sex because Ms Johnson was partially clothed when they were found, The Patriot News reported.
The duo, who were residents of Pennsylvania in the U.S, are believed to have been overcome by the odorless fumes due to the high levels of the gas detected.
Coroner Charles Kiessling was called to the scene inside a garage on Blooming Grove Road. He says blood tests show ‘extremely elevated’ levels of carbon monoxide in the victims’ bodies, according to PA Homepage.
The ignition was still on but the car had run out of fuel. Extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.
The two were discovered by an family friend sent by Payton’s brother, who leased the garage, to look for Payton, police said. It is understood Mr Payton had gone to the garage to drop off something for his brother on Thursday.
Daily Mail reports:
by Adeola Balogun
Keith Payton and Salina Johnson, both 40 years of age, were found dead in the car which was parked in a garage.
Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were found in the car, according to Old Lycoming Township police.A kerosene heater also was on but it had also run out of fuel.
You may also like YNaija stories like:
Post From Ynaija