Unable to cope with the intense pain he attempted to use a vacuum cleaner to suck it out and then use water to flush it out but this only seemed to anger the pest.
He even joked on his Facebook page that he had made peace with his unwanted dead tenant, which he now keeps in a medical pot and calls Roger.
Mr Helmer said: “Near the 10-minute mark…he started to stop burrowing but he was still in the throes of death-twitching.
Doctors have made a shocking discovery inside the ear canal of an Australian man.
Thankfully, it began to die, allowing the doctor to use forceps to pull the bug out.
A large cockroach, said to be a whopping two centimetres, was found in the ear of Hendrik Helmer.
Helmer felt a sharp pain in his ear and suspected an insect had found its way there but he had no idea about just how large it was.
“Whatever was in my ear didn’t like it at all.”
by Adeola Balogun
At a loss as to what to do Mr Helmer, who works as a supervisor at a warehouse, woke his flatmate who took him to Royal Darwin Hospital where a doctor eventually managed to remove it.
The Mirror reports:
Despite his ordeal, Mr Helmer, who is not expected to suffer any long-term affects from the incident, said that he would not take any precautions or change his sleeping habit in the future.
“I was hoping it didn’t bite me.
The Darwin resident said that he immediately suspected that an insect may have burrowed into him whilst he was sleeping.
When he reached the hospital he was quickly seen by a doctor who placed olive oil down his ear canal, which forced the cockroach to move even deeper.
“They said they had never pulled an insect this large out of someone’s ear.”
Mr Helmer, who lives in Karama, said: “I was hoping it wasn’t a poisonous spider.
You may also like YNaija stories like:
Post From Ynaija